Thursday, February 27, 2014

sick and more from our trip








ACK! This never ending sickness, it seems to have now made a second round in the house and I am now sick again. Hey sickness, listen here I am a busy mom you've over stayed your welcome, we would like our life back.

Okay enough of that. During our trip to California we were able to stay with my parents for a few days. They also embraced the new dinosaur obsession. (remember this post, give grandparents a theme and they will be all in) and took us to the Natural History Museum. The boys were overjoyed. We have read so many books on museum and fossils and being that the closest one to us is about 7 hours from us I wasn't sure it was in the books. We enjoyed the exhibit and they even have a life size dinosaur puppet show. It was the right about fun with a touch of scary to keep the boys intrigued and not wanting to move the entire show.

After that we headed to my brothers house where the boys got their first real cousin interaction. They played for hour outside with them, slides, trampolines, a whole lot of running around. It was so special to see my niece and nephew be so loving and playful with them. We stayed outside until it got dark and soaked up every last bit of heat and sunshine we could soak up.

Oddly the last few times I have visited California it felt a little strange, like it clearly was not my home anymore. But this time was different. Perhaps it was the first time we escaped the snow, or the fact that we had such a fun and busy schedule with friends and family, whatever it was, I fell back in love with California. I can't wait to visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment