Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The in-between


Things have been pretty crazy around here. With husband still commuting to work since we have yet to find the right home for us and now his work trip out of town I have been on baby duty on my own. Man this gig is tough stuff sometimes. Trying to keep my calm and not show my seams in front of the boys has been a real challenge and sometimes I am not too good at it.

I keep wanting us to go to the next step already. I have mentally already moved out of this home and have already said goodbye to my life in this city. But guess what? I am still here. I was talking to a good friend today about sometimes getting so caught up in the future that you completely shut off what is in front of you. I call it the "in between real life" period but it doesn't make this time any less real. And time is going to keep going whether I am ready for it or not. I am praying that I can stay in the moment and make the best of what is in front of me. So for now I am going to remember to take deep breaths, smile often and go with the punches.... at least try to.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your honestly Leslie. I'm thinkin and praying for you guys that you will find the perfect home for you and your family! and that you'll be able to still enjoy your time with your family in the home your currently living in now.

    ReplyDelete