Thursday, June 21, 2012

Run for Compassion 5k






   







Can you spy someone reading during his ride? 

Last weekend I did something I NEVER thought I would ever do. I walked my first 5k. The Run for Compassion 5k.  Yes I said my first because I don't think it will be my last. I had a great time. I met the race director Crystal Kupper at my local MOPS group. I was a bit of a skeptic when she first asked me to sign up. Me and my two boys, walking what I thought felt like an eternity!? Not my idea of a fun Saturday morning. I don't even own a jogging stroller? Crystal was gracious enough to offer he own.  A BOB double stroller, from what I hear these are like the Cadillac of jogging strollers. I may have only run the race to try it out, or maybe it was the super amazing cause or maybe just to prove to myself that I could. 
Well despite my cold feet that morning attempting to find any excuse to not go. (The boys were exceptionally easy to get out the door that morning) I mustered up some courage and went. I am so glad I did! It was such a great experience. The boys had a great time and so did I. It was a big turnout which made the event that much more exciting. We walked talked and soaked up the sun and when it was all said and done I kind of wanted more. I can definitely see myself doing this again. I may be already be scoping out craigslist to find a jogging stroller of my very own. Wow! How did that even happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment